Problem: You notice that different installations of HICSOAP do not have access to the same data. For example, you enter a patient on one computer and that patient is not accessible from another installation.
Solution: This most certainly happens because not all of the installations are configured to access the same database.
- Quickly determine what database file each installation is using.
- Fix the installations which are not accessing the correct database.
- After fixing this, you may want to merge the data from two different databases.
- Sometimes this can arise because the user thinks that DATABASE -> OPEN DATABASE changes the default database but it doesn't.
- One possible way to minimize the chances of different Windows Users accessing different databases is to specify the database on the command line.
- Read about networking HICSOAP.