If you follow these networking instructions and have the HICSOAP database file stored on a server then this is how you change servers.
So the setup is
- database file (.hdf) is stored on a shared folder on the old server
- HICSOAP is installed on workstations
- HICSOAP is not installed on either server
So the steps to change servers are
- Backup the database file. Just in case.
- On one of the workstations, run HICSOAP and identify the database file.
- Close HICSOAP on all workstations.
- Copy the database file determined in step 1 to the new server and place it in a shared folder.
- Do something to prevent the HICSOAP installations from being able to access the database file on the old server. Possibilities include
- renaming the database file
- deteling the database file
- moving the database file
- stop sharing the folder on the network
- On each workstation start HICSOAP. It will complain about not being able to access the database file. Click to open it in its new location on the new server.
- Verify that the database file that is being opened on each workstation is the exact same.