If HICSOAP is slow then you should
- Do the things mentioned on the general troubleshooting page.
- check network speed. This isn't relevant if your database is stored on the local drive.
- Read about startup speed.
- Install the latest version.
- Temporarily disable security software. Excessive scanning of files or monitoring of network traffic can interfere with the operation of the program. If disabling it makes a difference then you know that it is a cause of the problem and your IT person can figure out how to configure security software not to interfere.
- Do a database repair. (MAIN MENU -> DATABASE -> REPAIR) If it asks you questions and you don't click OK then it won't actually do the repair.